Review: Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

Title: Silver Shadows
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #5
Genre(s): Paranormal, Vampires, Romance
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: July 29th, 2014
Pages: 416 

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists. Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.


This book killed me.

This is me until Las Vegas happens:


This is what I felt like at the end:


I just had so many conflicting feeling at the end. The things that happened in the book just didn't make sense. I mean, yes, Sydney and Adrian were probably going to end up there at some point. But not now. Especially not after what just happened. 

The thing is, I felt that to make this book happen, Richelle Mead had to kill Sydney's character and take away all her dignity. And that is not cool. In this book we lose cool-headed awesome Sydney and cute, smoldering Adrian. Instead, I kinda felt like Richelle Mead just gave up and gave us a bunch of half-baked characters. It wasn't real. But damn... it was so cute.

Have you read The One? Yes? OK. So here's how I kinda think these two books have in common. The plotline has the possibility of becoming so awesome, they would be some of the best books ever written. The idea is there, the characters are there. Then, the author just kills it all by making it end in a way that just doesn't fit, that makes it seem like there was really no worse way an author could've ended a book.

Let's talk about Adrian for a bit. In Bloodlines, you see him turn from a playboy into a person that cares and tries not to stay drunk everyday. Then as the series progresses, he starts falling in love with Sydney, and it's so beautiful. They make each other so much better as people. But then in this book, he kind of just seems... too melodramatic for lack of a better word. He seems so un-Adrian like.

I actually really wanted to like this book, but there were things that made me just couldn't. The characters and plot was all there. The swoon was missing, the chemistry was missing. I really hope the next book gets better. I mean, you can't expect me to give up Sydrian after one mediocre book ;D


No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and opinions! I love receiving them and I will always comment back. I don't bite :)