Stacking the Shelves #6


Stacking The Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which book bloggers share the recent books they added to their shelves, borrowed from a friend or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! 

Guys. I haven't done a Stacking the Shelves since....March (6 MONTHS OH MY GOD). I literally had to go spend 1 minute searching through my posts to see which number it was and copy paste the image. Like wow. I can't believe it's been half a year already! Let's see if I still remember how to do this.

Books I bought this week:



He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.

With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.



Books I received:

Thanks to Jasper for this book!

A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs.
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience.
As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar.
They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.



What books did you receive this week?

19 comments :

  1. Oooh, Miss Peregrine's is a fantastic book-you're in for a treat :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've been recommended Marie Lu's books before but I haven't had the chance to get to them. Hope you enjoy it! Miss Peregrine's cover is cool but I have my doubts about it, can't wait to read what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Peregrine's is amazing! The pictures in it are really creepy but they look awesome! You should read it. I'm not that big of a Marie Lu fan, but the books are pretty good.

      Delete
    2. Haha, the cover kind of creeps me out but it has that kind of feel to it you know? :) Melissa, YOU HAVE TO READ MARIE LU'S BOOKS!!

      Delete
  3. Ugh I feel so horrible - Champion and Prodigy have been sitting on my bookshelf for like 8 months and I haven't read them yet! I loved Legend though :) I hope you like the ending! Miss Peregrine's House For Peculiar Children is pretty good - I really liked the pictures :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can guarantee that if you pick up Prodigy, you'll finish the rest of the series before your other books! The pictures in Miss Peregrine's House for Peculiar Children looks cool :)

      Delete
  4. Miss Peregrine. It is such a fantabulous book! The pictures are really amazing, the plot's fantastic, and the only problem is that I can't get my hands on the second book :(
    But I bet you'll enjoy it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whee! I'm so glad to hear that everyone thinks Miss Peregrine's book is fantastic!

      Delete
  5. I really want to pick up Marie Lu's books. hope you enjoy them both!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many good things about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, but I never got around to picking it up yet :/ Hope you enjoy it and Champion ;)

    Maisha @ Books Equal Awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I've heard about Miss Peregrines too but I never picked it up. I was so lucky it was gifted :)

      Delete
  7. I absolutely adored Champion and found it to be a satisfying end to a solid trilogy; so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :D I'm a bit of a black sheep when it comes to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, but I know a TON of bloggers adored it, so hopefully you echo their thoughts with it. :D Thanks for sharing Olivia and fabulous haul! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. These seem to be fantastic reads! Oh, I heard Miss Peregrine's was very good! I really want to read it now :)


    hellostrawberrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Peregrine's is fabulous! Your blog looks amazing!

      Delete
    2. It sure does Jubillee! Your blog is very nice and simple!

      Delete

Share your thoughts and opinions! I love receiving them and I will always comment back. I don't bite :)