Review: Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Stone Cold Touch
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: The Dark Elements (#2)
Genre(s): Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult
Publication Date: October 21, 2014
Pages: 446
Every touch has its price
Layla Shaw is trying to pick up the pieces of her shattered life—no easy task for a seventeen-year-old who’s pretty sure things can’t get worse. Her impossibly gorgeous best friend, Zayne, is forever off-limits thanks to the mysterious powers of her soul-stealing kiss. The Warden clan that has always protected her is suddenly keeping dangerous secrets. And she can barely think about Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince who understood her in ways no one else could.
But sometimes rock bottom is only the beginning. Because suddenly Layla’s powers begin to evolve, and she’s offered a tantalizing taste of what has always been forbidden. Then, when she least expects it, Roth returns, bringing news that could change her world forever. She’s finally getting what she always wanted, but with hell literally breaking loose and the body count adding up, the price may be higher than Layla is willing to pay…



I loved it. I loved all of it. There was romance when I wanted the romance, and everything in this book just pieced together so well.

Stone Cold Touch picks up right after White Hot Kiss. We have Layla who's trying to figure out what she's to do with her love life and where she belongs; with the Wardens or demons. Stone Cold Touch is mainly about on Layla's love life, whether she's to choose between Roth, the wickedly hot demon prince, or Zayne, Layla's lifelong best friend who's been falling in love with her since the very beginning.

When Layla's powers begin to change, she doesn't know why. Roth has disappeared into Hell. The Wardens who have provided her shelter and has been her family for her entire life is keeping secrets from her...

"I lost myself the moment I found you."

I'm not a big fan of love triangles. There's a love triangle in this series, but this love triangle is seriously not your typical love triangle. I absolutely loved this love triangle. Roth and Zayne are both not amazing, cute or hot guys, they're FREAKING SEXY GODDAMN GODS. They are both so incredibly swoon worthy and it's going to be such a tough choice for Layla.




This book focuses on Zayne as the first book focused on Roth. I've heard that Stone Cold Touch made some people switch to team Zayne but if you asked me who's team I am on, I am on team Roth all the f*cking way.

This book is perfect for those who are freaking sexy goddamn guys obsessed, and those who read a book for its ship. Perhaps the only reason why I'm giving this book a 4 star instead of a 3 is because I am definitely one of those vulnerable people who become obsessed over a book because of the hot fictional characters.

There's somewhat a storyline in this book, but the romance dominated the majority of the book. There is SO much more romance in Stone Cold Touch. I feel that the romance is 90% in this book as opposed to the 30% romance in the White Hot Kiss. However, despite the love triangle, both of the relationships were wonderful. They were realistic, honest and they felt true.

"You're going to go against Hell - against your boss?"
He grinned as he shrugged. "Yes."
"Why would you risk that?"
His eyes met mine. "You know the reason. Deep down, you know."

I found Layla to become a more likeable protagonist in Stone Cold Touch. It wasn't that I didn't like her in White Hot Kiss, but I felt that Layla became a more interesting character. It was wonderful to watch find herself and her place, yet at the same time watch her get through her struggles.

I didn't expect Layla to choose her guy in this book but I still couldn't help but pull out my hair during the romance bits. Armentrout built up the romance so high that at one point I totally lost it and I was mentally screaming for Layla to just DO IT TO ONE OF THEM ALREADY. Even if it wasn't Roth...





As for the ending...I wouldn't have ever come to that prediction but I wasn't all that surprised by it. I'm in no way saying that I'm not screaming for the next book. In fact, I am slowly dying for the next book. I cannot wait to see where it takes our fabulous three and what events will hit them next. It's going to be such a tough decision for Layla, but I have no doubt that Armentrout will make her readers swoon and scream for more!

Stone Cold Touch was a magnificent romance book. There were parts where it tore, twisted, broke my heart. I definitely cannot wait another 9 months to get the final instalment in the series. If you're a fan of brilliantly crafted romances, action packed storyline and swoon worthy guys, Stone Cold Touch is definitely a book that will leave you mesmerized and wanting more.


27 comments :

  1. I need to do my review, but yaaasss this book is amazingg!! Love both guys, and it's so hard for me to choose! I think I'm going to vote for Zayne because he needs some love!
    –B @Fangirling Misses

    ReplyDelete
  2. le me: "Hm... sounds rather interestin-- WOAH WHOA WOAH WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE LAST GIF MY EYES URGHHHH"

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I'm excited to read this now!!!!!!! Oh my all this romance is making me feel hot ;) Lovely review, Liv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The romance in this book was so wonderful! You'll love it ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I'm super excited to start this one! It's next on my list! Great review!

    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't read your review, because I'm not caught up yet, but I am happy to see that you loved this one. Even with the love triangle *wink*

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a surprise for even me when I realized that I actually loved the love triangle :D You should pick up White Hot Kiss! It's an amazing book!

      Delete
  6. I'm crying hysterically inside because this freeeeeeeeeaking book is not in my freeeeeeeeeeeeeaking hands yet. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER..................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're feeling right now ;) It's what I'm feeling about having to wait 9 months for Every Last Breath :(((((

      Delete
  7. I got the first book a few weeks ago and I'm so excited to start reading it! Need to feel all the feels you feeled! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh.. I cannot wait until the third book comes out, so we can all find out who Layla picks. I am #TeamRoth all the way, and I still think Zayne is a douch canoe (: I never really connected with him in the first book, and thought he treated Layla like a piece of meat.. and this book is no different. He's still acting like a possessive jerk! Nice review Olivia (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields
    ( http://ufbooks.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! Zayne was really, really protective over Layla at times and that just kind of annoyed me, whereas I thought Roth was perrrrfect! He wasn't too protective but he still cared a lot about Layla. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Hey Olivia!(:
    I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. I hope you don't mind.! ;-)

    Here's my post: http://soundofavoice.wordpress.com/2014/11/08/one-lovely-blog-award-und-100-beitrag/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I just read ur review...9 MONTHS?!?! WHAT?!?!
    Oh and I totally agree with Team Roth.! Nothing or no one is ever going to change that...*Zayne*
    Btw I love your review!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And thanks to nominating me! Every Last Breath comes out in 9 months and I"ll have to suffer until that comes out :(((

      Delete
  11. I still haven't read White Hot Kiss yet, but I can't wait to read it :D Which side of the love triangle are you on? One thing I love about JLA's books is that if there is a love triangle, she doesn't make it end all the way at the end of the series. I AM EXCITED TO READ THIS!!!! Great review! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Stone Cold Touch didn't end the love triangle :( MAISHSA YOU SHOULD GO PICK THIS SERIES RIGHT NOW! :) The love will not fail you!

      Delete

Share your thoughts and opinions! I love receiving them and I will always comment back. I don't bite :)