Back to Blogging & Important News!

Hello everyone!

School has started! (boo :( )  How has all of your summers been? It's been so many weeks since my last post that I've almost forgotten that I still have a blog to run, not to mention remembering coding to redesign the blog! I've been in Vancouver for a couple of days, then in China for the past few weeks visiting relatives and eating great dim sum...lots. However, as great as the food in China can be, I am so very glad to be back!


My flight had actually arrived to Canada on the 25th, though jet lag has been driving me crazy for the past couple of days and I just didn't have the energy to start writing posts just yet. Speaking of planes, if there is one thing that you guys have to know about me, I absolutely hate travelling by plane.There's a long list of what annoys me on airplanes (including their blankets and sitting for 17 hours) but the worst thing about air travel for me is: airplane food. Just saying airplane food makes me think of that smell all over again....






And during my travels, I have been reading lots! I brought 8 books with me and I bought 6 more in China. Buying books there is really cheap! I purchased the Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry for $10 each, hardcover! If you guys ever go to China, you can go to sites such as DangDang and Taobao, where there are a pretty good selection of english books for cheap.  So I promised that there'd be a lot of reviews coming up on the blog and here's what books I'll be reviewing very soon: (this is a pretty long list :( )

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Paper Towns by John Green
Legend by Marie Lu
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
Messenger by Lois Lowry
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Aside from reviews, I have some extremely important news!

FICTIONALLY OBSESSED HAS REACHED 200 FOLLOWERS ON BLOGLOVIN!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!! I feel so loved :D


And here comes the BIG news! I'm going to get a co-blogger on Fictionally Obsessed! Yay, co-blogging!

I know this must be quite shocking to hear, but this year, I'm in Gr. 8 and I'm really afraid that Gr. 8 will be stressful and I won't be able to catch up on homework. It's taken me a while to make this decision but I think it'll be best for me. Change has to happen sometime :(

So there will be some changes happening on the blog. I'm going to finally start re-designing after 3 months of saying that I would "soon". And the second thing is that there will be posts less frequently, with an average of one post or review per week, but I'll try my best to schedule more posts if possible!

I just realized that I've been writing and I didn't even mention who's going to co-blog with me! Jasper @ The Last Page At Midnight will be helping me write reviews, and we will be doing some events on the blog together as well.  It's going to be fun and I'm really excited to be co-blogging!

Stay tuned for our next post! <3





23 comments :

  1. Wow that's great that you found a co-blogger! With freshman year in high school, I might just need one. JK. So welcome back, it's been lonely without you :P

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Alex :) It's been really lonely for me too to be in China without any access to the bloggersphere... :P I have a lot of catching up to do!

      Delete
  2. ...and Jasper will be co-blogging with me on FicObs WHAT!?!?!?
    Well then, Jasper... Have fun?

    *goes and sulks in the corner*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! *hugs* Welcome back, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU'RE ONLY IN GRADE EIGHT. Oh my gosh. You my dear have talent!! And yay Canada, where I live xD What a list of book reviews *cracks whip* you better get on it if you hope to finish this year, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! :) I've been blogging since last year actually, though I never imagined that it would get so big. Not exactly that big, but you know what I mean! But like ALL THE REVIEWS LOL..... :((((

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on 200 followers! :D What an awesome milestone~
    The food in China is A++++ hehe, I gain like ten pounds every time I visit (so I guess it's not a bad thing that I don't go very often).
    Can't wait to read your thoughts on those books, you listed several of my favorites (Legend, The Giver, If I Stay) and can't wait to meet your co-blogger (:

    --Connie @ The YA Book Thief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and oh my gosh I can totally relate! I feel like I've gotten so much fatter from China...its all like: EAT EAT EAT EAT even when you're not hungry :D

      And we also have such similar tastes in books :D I really liked those books you mentioned as well! :)

      Delete
  6. So glad to have you back, Olivia! You sure were missed. :) Can't wait to read your reviews and congrats on the 200 followers!! *high fives*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! *hugs* Thanks Melissa! I honestly don't know when I'm going to have time to finish writing all those reviews :( but I'm going to try to finish them before January! :)

      Delete
  7. Eeeeep new blog design!! Officially welcome back lovely ;) Sorry I've been non-contacting. Junior year is slowly draining away reading, internet, and blogging time ;( LOVE THE DESIGN, can't wait to see what mine will look like *grins* Welcome Jasper and happy co-blogging. It's lots of fun, trust me :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I hope I have lots of fun, and make the most out of my time here! Gr 8 at me and Olivia's school isn't very easy either :P So. Much. Homework.

      Delete
    2. Yay! :) Thanks Rach! Sorry I've been out of contact these days too :P It's been a crazy 2 weeks!

      Delete
  8. Your summer sounds amazing!! I wish I'd gone somewhere... Can't wait for a holiday...

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! I'm going to be going to Quebec in December and I can't wait! :)

      Delete
  9. So excited to see you back Olivia! And yay for your new co-blogger! I am looking forward to seeing more of your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back!! So much excitement. I can't wait to see your reviews of An Abundance of Katherines and CoHF <3 Congrats on getting a co-blogger :)

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chene! I'm excited to be back to blogging now! I can't wait to see more of your reviews on your blog as well!

      Delete

Share your thoughts and opinions! I love receiving them and I will always comment back. I don't bite :)